Due to the continued impact of the novel coronavirus and the official updates being received, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure all UKCBC stakeholders that we are following the advice and guidance issued by the Office for Students to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) at the college. Rest assured, we are taking all possible steps to prevent the spread of this virus across our campuses.
All students and staff should continue to attend college unless advised otherwise by public health officials or the college through an official email.
Additionally, it is vital for each of us to ensure that we take strong precautionary measures to prevent the wider spread of the novel coronavirus. In regards to these preventive measures, we would ask all UKCBC stakeholders to follow the NHS guidelines, which are as follows:
If you have coronavirus symptoms, self-isolate at home for seven days, contact the NHS by calling 111 and visit 111.nhs.uk/covid-19 for up-to-date advice. Symptoms include either:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
If you present no symptoms, you can avoid catching and spreading the disease by:
- washing your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always washing your hands when you get home or into work
- using hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- putting used tissues in the bin immediately and washing your hands afterwards
- trying to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Please do not come to the college / interact with staff or students at any college campus if you suspect that you are infected.
Please inform the college about your absence via telephone (020 8518 4994).
Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to discuss absence or general wellbeing related to the novel coronavirus.
We will be contacting UKCBC stakeholders with updates as and when we receive them. Be sure to check your UKCBC email account or our social profiles for updates related to the novel coronavirus.
Above all, stay safe.
The UKCBC Team.