Business and Management (with Integrated Foundation Year) – BA (Hons)
Whether you’re planning your own venture or looking to make your way up the career ladder, the BA (Hons) in Business and Management (with Integrated Foundation Year) will provide you with the theoretical and practical grounding you need to succeed in the modern world of business. The programme will provide you with a stimulating and supportive learning environment that fosters creativity. The programme, brand new for the 2018/2019 academic year, will introduce students to the challenges of academia with a foundation year covering specific study skills that will be essential for success in the degree programme.
You’ll gain an introduction to the current business climate, you’ll evaluate your personal and professional skills, and you’ll undertake an independent research project in preparation for the academic challenges during the remainder of the degree.
Contact our Course Advisors or see below for more information.
|Title||BA (Hons) Business and Management (with Integrated Foundation Year)|
|Awarding Body||Bath Spa University|
|Level||Bachelor of Arts|
Why Choose the BA (Hons) in Business and Management (with integrated Foundation Year)?
The BA (Hons) in Business and Management will teach you how to become a flexible, innovative worker that can excel in various subjects and disciplines in the sector. The four-year course offers students an in-depth look at various elements of the business world, including managing data, economics and globalisation, and entrepreneurship. With help from our dedicated team, you’ll forge a path towards professional success.
The programme, delivered in partnership with Bath Spa University, will aid you in developing a broad understanding of the modern business environment from a variety of perspectives. During the degree, you’ll begin to refine your professional strengths, and you’ll be able to choose a theme based on which career you wish to enter upon graduation.
The four-year course is ideal for those seeking a thorough overview of the business sector. The foundation year will offer a smooth transition into the challenging world of academia for those who didn’t achieve the necessary grades for direct entry to a degree programme, with study skills sessions and contextual research of the business sector. During year one, students will be tasked with creating a portfolio of work that exhibits their strengths. In year two students will have the chance to show off their skills in a professional context during an optional work placement while making some potentially important contacts for the future. Other year-two modules include innovation management and the creativity for business core module. Finally, the course will finish by looking to future trends, such as managing sustainability, that will define the business sector in the years to come, and you’ll be tasked with employing your creativity with a dissertation on a topic of your choosing.
Become an industry leader with this brand-new bachelor’s degree course.
Foundation Year: Year One: Year Two: Year Three: 120 credits per year. All modules worth 20 credits unless stated. Optional modules subject to popularity and staff availability.
Course Entry Requirements
120 credits per year. All modules worth 20 credits unless stated. Optional modules subject to popularity and staff availability.
As a potential student of the BA (Hons) Business and Management (with Integrated Foundation Year), you will be expected to have an interest in business and enterprise, be able to demonstrate your motivation for the subject and be required to meet any of the following academic criteria in order to join:
- Three A Levels – minimum grades CDD
- Five GCSE passes at a minimum of grade C (grade 4)
- Other UK qualifications at Level 2 (Certificates/Diplomas) subject to University approval
- International qualifications equivalent to UK Level 2 (as per UKNARIC Comparison and subject to University approval)
- BTEC Extended Diploma grades MPP (Merit, Pass, Pass) with minimum 64 credits
- BTEC Sub-Diplomas MPP (Merit, Pass, Pass) with minimum 32 credits
- A strong personal statement detailing the reasons to study the chosen course, outlining any qualifications and current/previous work experience relevant to the chosen course (at least a page)
As a potential student of the BA (Hons) Business and Management, you will be expected to have an interest in business and enterprise, be able to demonstrate your motivation for the subject and be required to meet any of the following academic criteria in order to join:
- Three A Levels – minimum grades BCC-CCC
- BTEC Extended Diploma grades MMM (Merit, Merit, Merit) with minimum 94 credits
- International Baccalaureate – a minimum of 26 points
- Access to HE courses – 60 credits with 45 credits at level 3
- Other UK qualifications at Level 3 (Certificates/Diplomas) – above 60 credits (subject to University approval)
- International qualifications equivalent to UK Level 3 (as per UKNARIC Comparison subject to University approval)
All non-UK qualification will be compared through UKNARIC, translation may be required if qualification is not in English, and if not comparable through UKNARIC.
English Language Entry Requirements
- If the applicants are non-native English language speakers, they are required to prove their English language proficiency by submitting a Secured English Language Test (SELT) at B1 level (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent), or
- Undertake and pass UKCBC English Language Assessment test.
|Tuition Fees||£9,250 per year*|
*£9,250 per-year tuition fee applicable for bachelor’s degree courses from the September 2019/2020 intake onward.
|This course is available at the following campuses:||Apply Now|