Course Regulatory Bodies
UKCBC offers qualifications that are regulated by statutory bodies and approved by awarding organisations. This means that the course contents, academic structure and overall assessment criteria are in compliance with established standards and are internationally recognised. Thus, all the qualifications achieved facilitate progression to higher academic courses and are recognised by employers in the UK and overseas.
The college works in active partnerships with professional bodies and organisations in its pursuit of administrative and professional excellence. These organisations enable UKCBC to ensure higher quality standards are always maintained and students’ interests are considered.
Our association with the organisations below, has enabled us to achieve higher levels of student progress, achievements and satisfaction that make UKCBC unique amongst various other independent colleges.
QAA Monitoring Visit – May 2016
We underwent an educational oversight monitoring visit by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in May 2016 and received a final report detailing the visit.
The QAA monitoring team concluded that:
– UKCBC has made acceptable progress, continuing to monitor, evaluate and enhance its higher education provision.
– Student retention and completion rates have improved, helped by enhanced monitoring and a range of initiatives to support students’ learning.
– Academic management has been further devolved and includes responsibilities for programme leaders and their teams.
– Senior management has been strengthened by establishing the posts of Academic Dean and the Head of Quality Assurance and Enhancement.
– There is a well-structured set of procedures in place for the recruitment, selection and admission of students.
– The improved monitoring of student data has enabled staff to provide added learning support where difficulties are noted.
– The college is enhancing areas, including the further development of academic management, as well as implementing measures to improve assessment and feedback, teaching observations and strategic resource planning.
For more details about the Institution Reports please visit: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/reviews-and-reports/provider?UKPRN=10022021
Higher Education Academy (HEA)
A consultancy assignment via Higher Education Academy, enabling the UKCBC to achieve an accreditation by HEA and also facilitate the application process, training and expert advice allowing 25 teaching staff to achieve fellowships and senior fellowships.
Student Finance England
UKCBC is now approved by Student Loan Company to designate the following courses for financial support:
Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business
Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma in Computing & Systems Development
Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care
Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management
Visit: Student Finance England
UK College of Business and Computing works as a subcontracting partner to Redbridge College for the delivery of the following HND Programmes:
• HND in Business
• HND in Travel and Tourism Management
• HND in Computing and Systems Development
• HND in Health and Social Care Management
Visit: Redbridge College
Pearson is widely trusted and respected in the educational and professional sectors, and offers the most comprehensive range of educational programs in all subjects from primary education through to higher education and into professional life. By working with leaders in education, testing, student support and English language learning, Pearson is building up a broad network of support for Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic).
Visit: Pearson Test of English
The European Social Fund
The European Social Fund (ESF) is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Find out more here.
The Matrix Standard is the unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work, and life goals.
Disability Confident Committed
The Disability Confident Committed Certificate is awarded by the Jobcentre Plus to employers who ensure that disabled people and those with long term health conditions have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Find out more here.