For those with the desire and ambition to pursue a career in business, the BTEC Level 5 HND in Business at the UKCBC provides the perfect starting point to begin that journey. Suitable for students with related work experience or a solid academic background, the BTEC Level 5 HND in Business offers a practical and theoretical framework from which to develop the skills required to succeed in the field.
Not only does the BTEC Level 5 HND in Business provide the base on which to build a successful career but it also acts as a stepping stone to achieving even higher levels of academic qualification, with pursuit of a full degree in business as the next step or even to expand your current business-related career.
Please see below for more information about the course:
|Title||Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (601/8365/2)|
|Level||RCF Level 5|
|Age||At least 18 years|
|Guided Learning Hours||960 hrs|
|Intake||February, May & September|
|Campuses||Wentworth House, Lords House, Park Royal, Cricklewood and Holborn|
Course Entry Requirements
Potential students of the BTEC Level 5 HND in Business are required to meet certain criteria in order to join. The following requirements need to be fulfilled in order to study the BTEC Level 5 HND in Business at the UKCBC:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject
- GCE Advanced level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject
- Other related Level 3 qualification
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
- Related work experience
- Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard commensurate to: IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections.
The BTEC Level 5 HND in Business requires two years’ study with the UK College of Business and Computing. Throughout the course, you will be required to attempt 15 core, optional and specialised modules (eight in year 1 and seven in year 2).
To achieve the qualification a student must have completed units equivalent to 120 credits at level 4 and 120 credits at level 5; achieved at least a pass in 105 credits at level 4 and 105 credits at level 5 amounting to 210 + credits.
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1: Business and the Business Environment (15 credits) – L/508/0485
- Unit 2: Marketing Essentials (15 credits) – R/508/0486
- Unit 3: Human Resource Management (15 credits/) – Y/508/0487
- Unit 4: Management Operations (15 credits) – D/508/0488
- Unit 5: Management Accounting (15 credits) – H/508/0489
- Unit 6: Managing a Successful Business Project (15 credits) – D/508/0491
- Unit 7: Business Law (15 credits) – H/508/0492
- Unit 9: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits) T/508/0495
- Unit 11: Research Project (30 credits) – R/508/0522
- Unit 12: Organisational Behaviour (15 credits) – H/508/0525
- Unit 17: Understanding and Leading Change (15 credits) – A/508/0529
- Unit 32: Business Strategy (15 credits) – K/508/0574
- Unit 35: Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits) – A/508/0594
- Unit 41: Brand Management (15 credits) – F/508/0600
- Unit 42: Planning for Growth (15 credits) – J/508/0601
Total Credits: 210+
Students studying during the day are required to attend two full days of study per week: Monday to Saturday. The days of study vary and can be discussed following application. Students studying in the evening are required to attend four evenings per week: Monday to Thursday. The mode of delivery is the same across all campuses. In addition, students are also required to attend professional development sessions which aim to develop their academic, study and language skills to support their progress and attainment on their chosen course.
How you will learn
Whilst studying on this course you will be taught in a variety of ways including lectures, field trips, practical sessions, workshops, and guest lecturers. You may also take part in a work experience placement during your studies. There will be opportunities to participate in a number of research projects and on field trips which are all directly linked to your programme.
Assessment is undertaken in many different ways, such as delivering a presentation, writing an assignment, analysing a case study, completing a portfolio of evidence, or writing reports. There are no formal examinations required for this course.
During your course of study we enable you to develop the managerial skills required for working in business. Whilst also further developing the transferable skills such as team work, research skills, verbal and nonverbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills, which are necessary for success in the workplace.
You will be required to do work in your own time, completing research, homework tasks or group work. Self-study is vital to your success on this course and lecturers will give you guidance throughout the study period.
Where could this course take you?
Once you have successfully completed the course you can convert your HND into a degree by taking a one year top-up programme at a University or alternatively you could choose to seek employment within your chosen industry.
|Awarding Body Registration Fees**||Additional awarding body registration fees may apply|
*UK/EU students are eligible to apply for funding via the Student Loans Company.
**Students are required to register with the Awarding Body within four (4) weeks of enrolment.
UKCBC is accredited by Student Finance England, and students applying for this HND Course may be applicable for tuition funding. Call us today and speak with one of our representatives for further details.