For those with a desire and ambition to pursue a career in health and social care, UKCBC’s Health and Social Care BTEC Level 5 HND provides the perfect point to start your professional journey.
Graduates of healthcare undergraduate qualifications are in high demand thanks to the increasing pressures healthcare institutions are facing. UKCBC has partnered with a number of health and social care providers in and around London where students can complete their mandatory Health and Social Care BTEC HND work experience. Throughout the course, students will learn the academic and professional skills necessary to become indispensable workers in the healthcare industry.
Students of UKCBC’s Health and Social Care HND in London can use the qualification as a stepping stone to achieving a full bachelor’s degree. Alternatively, students can move directly into a relevant role once graduated.
Please see below for more information about the Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Health and Social Care in London:
|Title||Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Health and Social Care (Management) (QCF) (500/8362/4)|
|Level||QCF Level 5|
|Age||At least 18 years|
|Guided Learning Hours||960 hrs|
|Intake||February, May & September|
|Campuses||Wentworth House and Park Royal.|
Course Entry Requirements for UKCBC’s Health and Social Care BTEC HND in London
Potential students of the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Health and Social Care (Management) are required to meet the following criteria to join the programme at UKCBC:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care or related studies
- GCE Advanced Level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject. This is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or)
- Other related Level 3 qualification (such as European Baccalaureate)
- Access to a Higher Education Certificate
- Related work experience (to be judged as being at Level 3)
- Functional Skills: English (literacy) Level 2 and maths (numeracy) Level 1
- Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections
UKCBC’s Health and Social Care BTEC Level 5 HND in London requires two years of study. UKCBC delivers nested BTEC HSC HND qualifications; as a nested qualification, the BTEC HNC is an embedded component of the full BTEC HND. Throughout the course, you will be required to complete 16 core and specialised modules (eight in each year) amounting to a total of 240 credits.
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1: Communication in Health and Social Care (15 credits) – T/601/1560
- Unit 2: Principles of Health and Social Care Practice (15 credits) – Y/601/1566
- Unit 3: Health and Safety in Health and Social Care Workplace (15 credits) – K/601/1569
- Unit 4: Personal and Professional Development (15 credits) – K/601/1572
- Unit 5: Working in Partnership (15 credits) – F/601/1576
- Unit 6: Research Project (20 credits) – K/601/0941
- Unit 11: The Role of Public Health in Health and Social Care (15 credits) – H/601/1604
- Unit 13: Managing Human Resources in Health and Social Care (15 credits) – A/601/1611
- Unit 14: Managing Financial Resources (15 credits) – R/601/1615
- Unit 16: Understanding Specific Needs in Health and Social Care (15 credits) – M/601/1623
- Unit 20: Supporting Independent Living (15 credits) – A/601/1642
- Unit 21: Supporting Significant Life Events (15 credits) – D/601/1648
- Unit 23: Employability Skills (15 credits) – A/601/0992
- Unit 25: Influences on Health and Social Care Organisations (15 credits) – L/601/1662
- Unit 26: Facilitating Change in Health and Social Care (15 credits) – D/601/1665
- Unit 27: Managing Quality in Health and Social Care (15 credits) – K/601/1670
Total Credits: 240
Students studying during the day are required to attend two full days of study per week: Monday to Saturday. The days of study vary and can be discussed during the application process. Students studying in the evening are required to attend four evenings per week: Monday to Thursday. The mode of delivery is the same across all campuses. Additionally, students are required to attend professional development sessions to advance their academic, study and language skills.
How You Will Learn
While studying on this course, you will be taught in a variety of ways including lectures, field trips, practical sessions, workshops and lectures by guest speakers. You may also take part in a work experience placement during your studies. There will be opportunities to participate in a number of research projects and on field trips which are directly linked to your programme.
Assessments are undertaken in many different ways such as delivering presentations, writing assignments, analysing case studies, completing portfolios of evidence and writing reports. There are no formal examinations required for this course.
During your course of study, we teach you the managerial skills required to work confidently in the health and social care sector. You will also learn and refine transferable skills such as teamwork, research, verbal and nonverbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
As well as attending lectures, seminars and tutoring sessions, you will be required to work independently to complete research, homework tasks and group work. Self-study is vital to your success on this course, and lecturers will guide you on how to approach independent study.
Where Could the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Health and Social Care in London Take You?
Once you have completed the HND course in Health and Social Care in London, you can convert your qualification into a degree by taking a one-year top-up programme at a university; alternatively, you could seek employment within the healthcare industry.
|This course is offered in partnership with New City College. Students may be admitted to this course through New City College which will be determined at the admissions stage.|
|Awarding Body Registration Fees**||Additional awarding body registration fees may apply|
*UK/EU students are eligible to apply for funding via the Student Loans Company.
**Students are required to register with the awarding body within four weeks of enrollment.
UKCBC is accredited by Student Finance England, and students applying for this HND course may be applicable for tuition funding. Call us today and speak with one of our representatives for further details.