Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
Tourism is one of the UK’s most popular industries. The sector continues to welcome capable and confident graduates with various fun and fulfilling career opportunities. Studying UKCBC’s HND Travel and Tourism in London is an excellent choice for students planning a career in tourism. UKCBC’s Travel and Tourism BTEC HND in London will provide participants with the right blend of knowledge and practical skills, and the course is set within a friendly learning environment.
The teaching staff delivering UKCBC’s Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Travel and Tourism in London have professional experience in the hospitality sector; this enables the academic staff to share both theoretical knowledge and genuine industry experience with students resulting in unparalleled preparation for their future careers.
Contact our Course Advisors or see below for more information about the BTEC Level 5 HND Travel and Tourism in London.
|Title||Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management|
|Level||QCF Level 5|
|Age||At least 18 years|
|Guided Learning Hours||960 hrs|
|Intake||February & September|
|Mode||Day and Evening|
|Campuses||Lords House and Cricklewood|
Entry Requirements for UKCBC’s BTEC Level 5 HND Travel and Tourism
The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Travel and Tourism Management is open to students looking to advance their careers within the travel and tourism industry.
The entry requirements of the HND course in Travel and Tourism in London are as follows:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject
- GCE Advanced Level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject. This is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C
- Other related Level 3 qualification
- Access to a Higher Education Certificate
- Related work experience
- Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections
The BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits.
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1: The Travel and Tourism Sector (15 credits) – A/601/1740
- Unit 2: Finance and Funding in the Travel and Tourism Sector (15 credits) – J/601/1742
- Unit 3: The Developing Manager (15 credits) – L/601/1743
- Unit 4: Research Project (20 credits) – K/601/0941
- Unit 5: Marketing in Travel and Tourism – (15 credits) – R/601/1744
- Unit 6: Contemporary Issues in Travel and Tourism (15 credits) – Y/601/1745
- Unit 7: Sustainable Tourism Development (15 credits) – D/601/1746
- Unit 8: Legislation and Ethics in the Travel and Tourism Sector (15 credits) – H/601/1747
- Unit 9: Tourist Destinations (15 credits) – K/601/1748
- Unit 12: Hospitality Provision in the Travel and Tourism Sector (15 credits) – K/601/1751
- Unit 14: Tour Operations Management (15 credits) – T/601/1753
- Unit 18: Human Resource Management for Service Industries (15 credits) – J/601/1756
- Unit 19: Heritage and Cultural Tourism Management (15 credits) – L/601/1757
- Unit 20: Visitor Attraction Management (15 credits) – R/601/1758
- Unit 23: Personal and Professional Development (15 credits) – T/601/0943
- Unit 24: Employability Skills (15 credits) – A/601/0992
Total Credits: 240+
Students studying UKCBC’s BTEC Level 5 HND Travel and Tourism in London during the day are required to attend two full days of study per week: Monday to Saturday. The days of study vary and can be discussed during the application process. Students studying in the evening are required to attend four evenings per week: Monday to Thursday. The mode of delivery is the same across all campuses. Additionally, students are required to attend professional development sessions to advance their academic, study and language skills.
How You Will Learn
While studying on this course, you will be taught in a variety of ways including lectures, field trips, practical sessions, workshops and lectures by guest speakers. You may also take part in a work experience placement during your studies. There will be opportunities to participate in a number of research projects and on field trips which are directly linked to your programme.
Assessments are undertaken in many different ways such as delivering presentations, writing assignments, analysing case studies, completing portfolios of evidence and writing reports. There are no formal examinations required for this course.
During your course of study, we teach you the managerial skills required to work confidently in the travel and tourism sector. You will also learn and refine transferable skills such as teamwork, research, verbal and non-verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
As well as attending lectures, seminars and tutoring sessions, you will be required to work independently to complete research, homework tasks and group work. Self-study is vital to your success on this course, and lecturers will guide you on how to approach independent study.
Where Could the BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management Take You?
Once you have completed the course, you can convert your HND into a degree by taking a one-year top-up degree programme at UKCBC.
Alternatively, you could begin working directly in the hospitality industry.
|This course is offered in partnership with New City College. Students may be admitted to this course through New City College which will be determined at the admissions stage.|
|Tuition Fees||£6,000 per year***|
|Awarding Body Registration Fees**||Additional awarding body registration fees may apply|
*We have applied for the designation from the Department for Education and are awaiting a decision for the academic year 2018/19. Until the decision is received we are unable to confirm the availability of student support for new students. New City College students and current students will continue to receive student support as usual.
**Students are required to register with the Awarding Body within four weeks of enrollment.
***£6,000 per-year tuition fee applicable for HND and top-up degree courses from the September 2018/2019 intake onward.
UKCBC is accredited by Student Finance England, and students applying for this HND course may be applicable for tuition funding. Call us today and speak with one of our representatives for further details.
|This course is available at the following campuses:||Apply Now|