Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Management)
For those with the desire and ambition to pursue a career in business, the Business (Management) BTEC Level 5 HND from UKCBC offers the perfect starting point to begin that journey. Suitable for students with related work experience or a solid academic background, UKCBC’s Business (Management) BTEC Level 5 HND in London offers a practical and theoretical framework from which to develop the skills required to succeed in the field.
Not only does the Business (Management) BTEC HND provide a solid base on which to build a successful career but it also acts as a stepping stone to achieving even higher levels of academic qualification. The pursuit of a full degree in business is often the next academic step.
Contact our Course Advisors or see below for more information about UKCBC’s Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Management) in London.
|Title||Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Management)|
|Level||RQF Level 5|
|Age||At least 18 years|
|Guided Learning Hours||960 hrs|
|Intake||February & September|
|Mode||Day and Evening|
|Campuses||Lords House, Park Royal, Cricklewood and Holborn|
Course Entry Requirements for UKCBC’s BTEC Level 5 HND Business (Management) in London
Potential students of the BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Management) are required to meet certain criteria in order to study the course at UKCBC:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in a related subject
- GCE Advanced Level profile demonstrating strong performance in a relevant subject
- Other related Level 3 qualification
- Access to a Higher Education Certificate
- Related work experience
- Students who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to: IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections.
UKCBC’s Business (Management) BTEC Level 5 HND in London requires two years’ study with the College. Throughout the course, you will be required to complete 15 core, optional and specialised modules (eight in year 1 and seven in year 2).
To achieve the qualification, a student must have completed units equivalent to 120 credits at level 4 and 120 credits at level 5 and scored at least a pass in 105 credits at level 4 and 105 credits at level 5, amounting to 210 + credits.
You will study the following units:
- Unit 1: Business and the Business Environment (15 credits) – L/508/0485
- Unit 2: Marketing Essentials (15 credits) – R/508/0486
- Unit 3: Human Resource Management (15 credits/) – Y/508/0487
- Unit 4: Management and Operations (15 credits) – D/508/0488
- Unit 5: Management Accounting (15 credits) – H/508/0489
- Unit 6: Managing a Successful Business Project (15 credits) – D/508/0491
- Unit 7: Business Law (15 credits) – H/508/0492
- Unit 9: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits) T/508/0495
- Unit 11: Research Project (30 credits) – R/508/0522
- Unit 12: Organisational Behaviour (15 credits) – H/508/0525
- Unit 17: Understanding and Leading Change (15 credits) – A/508/0529
- Unit 32: Business Strategy (15 credits) – K/508/0574
- Unit 35: Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations (15 credits) – A/508/0594
- Unit 41: Brand Management (15 credits) – F/508/0600
- Unit 42: Planning for Growth (15 credits) – J/508/0601
Total Credits: 210+
Students studying UKCBC’s HND course in Business (Management) in London during the day are required to attend two full days of study per week: Monday to Saturday. The days of study vary and can be discussed during the application process. Students studying in the evening are required to attend four nights per week: Monday to Thursday. The mode of delivery is the same across all campuses. Students are also expected to participate in professional development sessions which aim to develop their academic, study and language skills to support their educational and professional progress.
How You Will Learn
While studying for this course, you will be taught in a variety of ways including lectures, field trips, practical sessions, workshops, and guest lecturers. You may also take part in a work experience placement during your studies. There will be opportunities to participate in a number of research projects and field trips which are all directly linked to your programme.
Assessments are undertaken in various ways such as delivering a presentation, writing an assignment, analysing a case study, completing a portfolio of evidence or writing reports. There are no formal examinations required for this course.
During your course of study, we will encourage you to develop the managerial skills required to work effectively in the business sector. You will also develop the transferable skills, such as teamwork, research, verbal and nonverbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills, necessary for success in the workplace.
You will be required to work in your own time to complete research, homework tasks or group work. Self-study is vital to your success on this course and lecturers will give you guidance on how best to approach this throughout the study period.
Where Could the Business (Management) BTEC HND Take You?
Once you have completed the course, you can convert your HND into a degree by taking a one-year top-up degree programme at UKCBC, or you could choose to seek employment within your chosen industry.
|This course is offered in partnership with New City College. Students may be admitted to this course through New City College which will be determined at the admissions stage.|
|Tuition Fees||£6,000 per year***|
|Awarding Body Registration Fees**||Additional awarding body registration fees may apply|
*We have applied for the designation from the Department for Education and are awaiting a decision for the academic year 2018/19. Until the decision is received we are unable to confirm the availability of student support for new students. New City College students and current students will continue to receive student support as usual.
**Students are required to register with the awarding body within four weeks of enrollment.
***£6,000 per-year tuition fee applicable for HND and top-up degree courses from the September 2018/2019 intake onwards.
UKCBC is accredited by Student Finance England, and students applying for this HND Course may be applicable for tuition funding. Call us today and speak with one of our representatives for further details.
|This course is available at the following campuses:||Apply Now|